Monday, November 10, 2014

F--- IT! (Revisited)

(This is Jason.  I'm drafting this note on Jill's behalf.)

Break out the Ben & Jerry's...again.  We jumped back on the hospice train last Tue.

As I type, Jill is sleeping comfortably beside me in our bedroom.  (She has been asleep all day.)  The goal - cliche as it reads - is to ensure Jilly is comfortable.  Right now she is.  

As Rory and I have discussed on countless occasions, while we had hoped science would catch up, there are no more medicines available to make Mommy better.  

So, here we are.  Propped up by the generosity, selflessness, prayers, and unwavering support of family, friends, and hospice all-stars, we carry on.  We care on.  We care for Jilly as best we can.  

How do you close a post like this?  How do you tie it up?  My guess is Jilly would have the answer...

All love,

J, J, & r
  

No comments:

Post a Comment