Friday, July 4, 2014

Slow and Steady

First, let me say a huge thanks on behalf of my whole family for all the meals, dog walks, prayers, offers, kind notes, play dates, cards and emails.  We've appreciated every one of them!

Through the week since last Wednesday I felt a little stronger every day.  Slowly I've been able to be upright more and laying down less.

When I saw the doc this past Wednesday, he said that a good gauge right now was how I was feeling. I'm still dealing with lots of tummy issues which is biggest problem day-to-day, but they are helping me try to work that out.  I am scheduled for another round of chemo next Wednesday.  Of course, blood work will be done right beforehand to be sure I can have it, but I'm taking it as a good sign so far that they put me on the schedule!

We've had a ton of family in town this past week, which has been great but also a bit tiring.  My hope today is to get a change of scenery and spend a little time laying around Jason's parents' house rather than our house.  I've had almost two weeks of nothing but our house or the doctor's office!

Thanks again for everything, everyone!  For fun, here are a few pics from my family's visit this week.






3 comments:

  1. Great pics and glad you're feeling stronger! Prayers keeping on keeping on through Wednesday and beyond! xoxo, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear you are getting bored with your surroundings (always a good sign). We continue to pray for strength and healing. GOD is GOOD !! -- Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So glad to hear you are on the upswing! Enjoy the new surroundings!

    Love,
    Ginnie

    ReplyDelete