Friday, June 20, 2014

OY

Things can change quickly in Cancerland, and they have done so again in the past few days.  As I mentioned in my last post, my last clinical trial didn't work, so we decided on a new chemo, which I started a week ago today.  In the five days after that, I had weird symptoms and even a trip to urgent care, which told us nothing.  On Wednesday I saw my doc finally and got some not-so-great news.

The cancer is growing quickly, particularly in my liver.  Because I just got some chemo, I have to wait until next Wed at least to be able to get any other treatment, so it's going to be a long week or two as we sort this out and see if the chemo is working.  I feel pretty crappy with sore bones and a swollen liver, which tires me out.  I'm horizontal more than I'm upright right now.  They gave me some morphine in case I needed it to be comfortable.  I took it once (without food, dumb me) and wound up sick for the next 12 hours!

So, for those of you who are kind enough to pray for me, a nice specific prayer would be for a "healthy and protected liver", as damage to my liver is the biggest risk right now.

If you send me notes, I promise I'm seeing them but may not always have the energy to respond right now.  Feel free to reach out to Jason, too.


3 comments:

  1. You said it well, things can change quickly. With faith we are praying for a healthy and protected liver. For good rest for you and your husband.....We trust and believe that the Lord will act. Stay strong !

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister,
    "Cancerland" is not a place you or I want to play in. God has a purpose for us and it is not to hurt us. I picked up your blog from my wife Lisa Q that passed last year. Jason, I am a surviving spouse of a great lady with metastatic breast cancer. Reach out to me if you have a need. I am praying for your family as you struggle with what is coming up next week. Every day is a gift so spend time doing what in truly important. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayerful for you as always Jill.

    ReplyDelete