Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I Have a Hunch

I'm not an artist.  Not at all.  I can't draw, paint or sculpt something into any realistic or recognizable form.  Some of you are artists, though, and I'm wondering what you think a hunch looks like.

I have a hunch.  And I have no idea what it looks like.

My hunch, which I've had for about a week, is that we've gotten as much mileage out of my current chemo, Eribulin, as we are going to get.  As I mentioned in my last post, I'm meeting with my doc every two weeks to keep monitoring when we hit that point where the Eribulin is no longer working. As SOON as we hit that point, we want to switch over to the new medicine.  At last week's appointment, a couple of my liver enzymes had gone up, but the doc wasn't worried and said it could, in fact, indicate healing was going on.  My hunch was that it did NOT indicate healing was going on.  A few days ago I shared my hunch with Jason.  And then today I received a copy of my latest tumor markers in the mail.  Guess what? They've gone up slightly.  Very slightly.  But I saw it as solid confirmation of what my hunch has been telling me all week (apparently hunches must have mouths, for those working on their drawings).

I left a message for my doc sharing my hunch and asking him to let me know if we are ready to do some scans and start the new medicine.  Of course, I meet with him next Wednesday, so I probably won't know anything for sure until then.

In the meantime, please feel free to share your hunches and what they look like.  Again, I'm no artist, but I'm very resourceful on Google, so I'll just share something I found.


2 comments:

  1. I am no artist, but just wanted to say that life has taught me that your hunch; gut feel or intuition (call it what you like) is almost always right and we should listen to it more often. All the very best with the new meds. I am always amazed at your upbeat; light hearted posts, whilst going through your chemo etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to amaze, Schmilly, and I agree with Dianne on trusting those hunches.

    I do have to say that the cartoon caused me to groan. ;-)

    Much love,

    Ginnie

    ReplyDelete