Friday, December 13, 2013

Chemo HIgh - Ready, Set, Go!

(For the most accurate reading experience, please imagine my voice saying all this after I've just had four cups of coffee.)

Chemo pretty much sucks.  I found out I might even lose my hair for these three silly treatments I'm having over the next six weeks, which makes this suck even more.  If I was doing six months of chemo, I get it, the hair might have to go, but I'm doing THREE treatments!!  Because I'm not working, I don't plan on wearing a wig this time.  Oh well, I do love a cute winter hat.  :)

But there is one side effect of chemo that I (and now you), can enjoy:  the steroid high!  Before they give you your IV meds, they give you some pre-meds, one of which is a steroid, which gives you about a 24-hour-high.  My high kicked in last night around 10:00pm.  At 10pm I am usually asleep on a couch.  Here is my re-enactment of what I was doing at 10pm last night while Jason was watching American Horror Story Asylum (NOT my genre).



And right now, it is 5:51am.  Usually I drag my butt out of bed at 7:30am these days, blindly hunting for the coffee pot.  Today, I have kissed my child (who is, of course, up already and reading in her cozy bed) and headed out here to write.  When she asked where I was going I told her I had some writing to do and she said, "But it's 5:44!"


So, today should be an interesting day.  Hopefully I will finish my Christmas decorations, clean my house up, wrap some gifts to put under the tree, and be ready to pick up Rory at 1:15 for her early dismissal day.  Tonight, the crash will come.  In the meantime, I'll enjoy the energy surge and shopping for hats.

Ready, set, GO!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill.
    I've just discovered your blog today & am so happy to see that you are fighting strong. I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer from the beginning, last year at age 25. I am about to head off to an appointment to get scan results...so scared, but I feel much better about it after reading your blog. I look forward to reading more when I get home.
    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete