Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mesothelioma Awareness Day

We all know it's October.  Pink pink pink.  Is there really anyone out there who isn't AWARE of breast cancer?  I think not (especially if you are on my blog!).  So, I thought I'd give a bit of promotion to a type of cancer most of us have never heard of ... Mesothelioma.  It's caused by asbestos (remember the popcorn look of your elementary school gym??), so is completely preventable.

I don't know anyone who has mesothelioma, but was contacted by someone from the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance, who are still trying to get asbestos banned.  Mesothelioma Awareness Day was last Thursday.  What? You didn't hear the big splash in the news??  Me either.  So, consider this a Public Service Announcement from me.  Here are some facts about asbestos, the ONLY cause of Mesothelioma. Be aware.




No comments:

Post a Comment