Sunday, June 17, 2012

Crappy Chemo Weekend

Chemo is a tricky thing.  Every time I think I have the patterns of how I will feel down, it decides to throw something at me, just to keep me on my toes.  This weekend I have been EXHAUSTED and achy.  I think the exhaustion is from the chemo and the achy is from the Neulasta shot.  I got up on Saturday morning and put a bagel in the toaster for both Rory and me.  I ate three bites before I was so exhausted I couldn't go on and needed to lay down.  My hips hurt (expected from the Neulasta) and my muscles have felt like I worked out too hard a couple days ago, though I haven't exercised in a couple weeks. Oh yeah, and I've had a very slight fever here and there (including right now as I type this).

Ibuprofen has helped but I feel guilty being a lump on the couch most of the weekend.  Ibuprofen doesn't help that.  (By the way, if anyone is aware of anything available OTC that can take away guilt, please let me know!  I would share it with my hubby.)

Jason and I are planning a getaway weekend for the two of us in a couple weeks, but are now looking to shift dates so that if the next chemo treatment hits me the same way this one does, I won't be laying in a B&B feeling this crappy.

Our friend and neighbor, Gloria, told me this morning, "Well this is what chemo is SUPPOSED to feel like, so relax!", which did make me feel very fortunate for how I've felt over the last three months of chemo.

OK, I'm off for a quick nap before Jason and Rory get home!  Big hugs everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Don't you still have mono, too? You are amazing, even when you are tired.

    Can't wait to hear about the getaway weekend you and Jason are planning. B&B's are the best!

    ReplyDelete