Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fork Warning

I love my husband. I really do.

He has been so diligent about researching nutrition and cancer. He searches vegan cooking blogs. He buys cookbooks. He does all of the cooking (and dishes!) in our home. He shops for healthy, organic foods. 

Sometimes, though, he goes too far. He gets a little pushy about eating all the broccoli on my plate, which my mom and dad can tell you has never been my strong suit. (I can't imagine how many glasses of milk I ruined as a kid by spitting barely-chewed broccoli into the glass who trying to chase it down.) He offers me a cup of green tea just a few too many times after I say "No thanks." He reminds me to drink enough water, and suggests I eat just a few more edamame because they are so good for me.

When I've had enough and he's pushing too hard, the new code word is "fork". Why? Because at dinner recently I threatened to stab his hand with my fork if he pointed at one more thing on my plate that he thought I should eat.

 I love my husband. I really do.

1 comment:

  1. Love how much Jason is taking care of you...but that photo is "scary"

    ReplyDelete