Friday, March 16, 2012

Tests, procedures and treatments.... Oh My!

The last couple of weeks have been a bit of a blur.  Between March 5-March 14, I  had an ultrasound, a CT scan, a bone scan and a liver biopsy.  My diagnosis was finalized and treatment was planned with my oncologist.  I had a chemo port implanted in my chest, and completed my first chemo treatment.  Yep - all between March 5-14.  Needless to say, my body and I were both exhausted!

 Here are a few pics of procedures.  I know it may seem odd to take pics, but it helps me document things, and hopefully also give people a sense of what we're spending our time doing at Siteman Cancer Center all the time!

Jason and Mimi waiting outside as I headed into my liver biopsy.
They laughed when I came out on the gurney texting on my phone.
Bone scan.  I had them cover my eyes because I'm claustrophobic.
 Don't want to see machines that close to my eyes!!
This one was weird because they strap you to the table.

Hanging out at first chemo.

First chemo.  Everyone in the room had to wear masks when the
connected my port.  Then we removed them, hung out and had lunch during treatment.
I even got to watch The Gilmore Girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment