Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Light at the End of the Tunnel --- I SEE IT!

Sorry I haven't written much lately.  To say it's been a busy time is an understatement.  I promise to come back and add more soon.

Thanks to those of you who have saent me emails (I've received a few in the last few days) just checking in.  It's nice to know you are thinking of me during the insanity of the holiday season! 

I'm doing very well and am almost done!  I have been in radiation every weekday since the beginning of November.  They are radiating the top quadrant of my chest, basically collarbone to under the breast on my left side.  Those big treatments will be done TOMORROW!  Then, I have just 7 more, "booster treatments" where they radiate just the surgery site.  My last day is December 23!! 

AND, in other big news, TODAY is hopefully my last day wearing my wig!!!  I have to double-check with the doctor today, but if it's ok to head back into haircolor, I have an appointment tomorrow morning!  No idea what color I'm going with, but it's such a symbol of being almost done to get rid of my wig. If I get it done, I'll post a picture over the weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Jill!!! I can't WAIT to see your choice of haircolor, whether it's this weekend or sometime soon!

    xxoo,
    Shannon Brotherton

    ReplyDelete