Friday, October 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Hi all, just a quick note to tell you I am home. The doctor tells us he was very pleased with the surgery, but we won't know for sure that I'm done with surgeries for another week. I did have some complications, though, with the anesthesia and it was not a pretty night. They couldn't waken me from surgery for hours and I was extremely nauseous. I got out of surgery about 12:30pm and they didn't take me to my room until almost 6:00pm because they couldn't wake me or get me to stop throwing up. Of course, Jason and everyone here were really worried, too. BUT, now I'm better, not nauseous, eating normally, and don't need any pain meds at all. I'm home with Rory and doing well. Resting, and wearing this weird drain, but much better.

THANK YOU for all the notes, text messages, phone messages, etc! I'll start catching up with everyone over the next few days.

7 comments:

  1. SO glad you are home and feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill: So glad you are home and one step closer to kicking this thing in its rear end! We are thinking of you and sending you get well vibes!

    - Kelly and Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad to hear that you're home and feeling good. Keeping my fingers crossed that that's it, no more surgeries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your on my mind alot and always in our prayers. I'm so glad that your doing better! Hopefully this is all behind you and you can move on in your life! Boy, medical problems consume everything-what did you do before cancer?

    Love your cousin
    Cathy & Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill -
    I'm so glad to hear that your feeling better. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new chapter. We love you and hope you feel a little better everyday.

    Your cousin,
    Julie and Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill,
    We are so glad to hear that you are on the up-swing now. Take it easy (as easy as you can with a 2 year old around)and GET BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill,
    Hope that everything continues to go well with your recovery. We think about you daily. I will call soon!
    Love,
    Beth, Scott, Riley and Reid

    ReplyDelete