Monday, July 7, 2008

A little drop of well-wishing

As I was just sitting at my desk, yet another email popped into my Gmail Inbox telling me that someone had posted to the blog (in this case, my cousin Jessica).  I just wanted to post a public Thank You to everyone who continues to "check in" with me and on me via the blog and email.  I don't often get to write back, but I want you all to know that I appreciate it.  It's really touching to see how many cousins who I see once every 8 years and long-ago friends I've lost contact with have emailed or posted not once, but regularly.  It seems that almost every day I get a nice little drop of well-wishing in my Inbox, often from someone I'm surprised to know is even aware of what's going on. 

I am also getting wonderful cards in the mail from people.  Honestly, I'm a little befuddled by it all, as I find it hard to fathom that in people's busy lives they make it a priority to pick up a card, write me a note, and drop it in the mail. 

These types of things really keep my energy and mood elevated, so thank you all so much!

7 comments:

  1. Jill,
    I am Jason's friend from High School and Mizzou.
    I just found your blog. I always check your Lustberg Family blog. I love to see updates of Rory. I am so sorry to hear your news. But you sound so good, dealing with moving to St. Louis, being a mom, new job, and now cancer. Wow. What an inspiration. Anyways, please know that I am thinking of you and will continue reading your blog. We would love to get together with you and Jason sometime, now that you live in St. Louis!

    Amy Falke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful Jill! And Rory is such a big girl! Went and got a mammogram that I was supposed to get months ago because of you, thanks and continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jill,

    Just wanted to let you how sorry I was to hear the news and to let you know that I am thinking of you.

    Miss ya here in Pearland.

    Jen Arie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill,
    I'm just back at work myself from having a hysterectomy and I wanted to wish you a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY FROM YESTERDAY!!! The boys and I have viewed your blog a few times and we have sat back steady laughing watching Rory! I have a card to also mail you and a cute lil something special to go in it! I know what you mean about excellent health insurance! Mine is great as well with the State of Florida. We're thinking about you and hoping you're having a good balance between the good days and the not so good days! When you get thru this and get 100% strength back, I think you should be on the AMERICAN GLADIATORS!

    Thinking of you in Tallahassee
    GO SEMINOLES!!!
    Love your cousins,
    Candyyyy, Jordan, and Todd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jill!
    Hope you had a good birthday party. Sorry we couldn't be there! Can't believe how big Rory is getting after checking out your other blog. Keep me posted on how you are doing. Love you!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill,

    I just heard the news from Linda the other day. She sent me the link to your blog. I was shocked to hear the news, but I know that you are a strong person and will pull through this. I read some of your entries, and I truly admire you. You're an inspiration to us all. Keep up the fight!!

    My prayers are with you.

    Francis

    P.S. OMG Rory is so big now. Where have the years gone by. It seems like just yesterday we were in your office seeing videos of her as she began to talk. Miss that.

    ReplyDelete