Friday, June 20, 2008

ROUND ONE: JILL (DING! DING!)

Wednesday was my second treatment. Before the appointment, they check my blood work to see if my platelets, red blood cells and white blood cells are back up to par for round 2. All was good. Then they feel the tumor and draw it on my breast, so they can measure it. The truly scientific way to measure progress. The good news... they said that my tumor has decreased in size by 50-60% already, after ONE treatment!! Round One - JILL!!! It won't change my treatment plan, but it does get rid of it faster and it does make the surgery less invasive as the tumor gets smaller.

So... thank you to all of you who have been praying for me and us. We'll keep doing what we're doing. You keep doing what you're doing. We'll lick this thing together. The goal now is for it to be a dead tumor by surgery time. That's the best possible target and a real possibility. Thanks for all your support and prayers!

9 comments:

  1. You've always been an overachiever...I'm so happy!! Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! Go Jilly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill-I am so happy to hear your wonderful news! We will keep praying for you down here in Pearland!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep more good news for you in my thoughts and prayers.

    LOVE the short do. You know, once it's short, you may never go back! Take care of yourself and your family.

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What WONDERFUL news!! YAY!! Keep it up. Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous news Jill!

    You know, I am in total awe of you right now. You are attacking this thing with knowledge, humor and optimism. At the same time spreading news about petitions and prevention tips. You truly are an inspiration.

    love you,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to hear the great news. We will keep praying for you.

    South Florida
    Jessica Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jill! Good work. Remember that fast-growing cancers get killed quickly. When my dad was having lymphoma treatments many years ago, his had been a slow-growing cancer that he didn't discover for several years, so it took extra chemo treatments to kill it (and a recurrence a year or so later that was also killed). I'm so thankful you caught yours early and that it is "responding" to treatment!!

    ReplyDelete