Wednesday, June 4, 2008

For GIRLS ONLY (seriously guys, skip this one)

I never thought I'd say this, but I do believe that right now, dealing with a period is much more difficult than dealing with chemo! I KNOW women out there will understand. I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but my particular type of cancer is estrogen-receptive, which means it could be fed by estrogen. Therefore, as soon as I was diagnosed, I had to stop taking my birth control pills. It has been WAY too long since I was dealing with periods that were not somewhat modified and regulated by birth control pills, so honestly, THIS is the most difficult thing I'm dealing with so far. I'm crampy and it's throwing off my digestive system big time! Not fun.

Over the weekend, some tiredness kicked in. During the first four days after treatment, I have to take a specific anti-nausea pill that also includes a handy little stimulant, which was good to keep me feeling great those four days. Saturday night was the last one of those, so by Sunday around 6pm I was ready for bed. Just no energy, but otherwise fine. I'm at work this week, doing well, minus all this girlie stuff.

p.s. The new video from Thursday is a couple posts down now. Google Video really has some serious hiccups so it took this long to be able to get it to work.

4 comments:

  1. When I lived in Cali, I did some "soul" work and after interesting research, found out how incredibly powerful a woman's menses is...It is a time of symbolic paralell with Mother Earth. We as women are in tune with life, renewal and rebirth through our cylces. Rejoice because even the "pain" is symbolic of the power to create that is within you.
    -Wendy C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill,

    Janis just shared this site with me and I had to stop and send you a note. I love the short hair. My is now a bit shorter because this was my fifth donation for kids with cancer, alopecia, or burn trauma. For the past 20 years I have been a "hair farm." I grow lengths of 12-18 inches and then send them off to Locks of Love or Wigs for Kids.

    Best of luck on this scary journey. You and the family are in my prayers.

    Nancy V. Clark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn it! I thought you were just being clever, so I read this post anyway... AUGH! You should really password protect these "women only" posts. Seriously...

    You are in our thoughts every day. Keep your chin up and your thoughts positive.

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, I am so proud of your strength. Lynn has told me about your strength and I am sure you will be cancer-free soon! Your strength gives me strength to deal with my minor (to yours) illness when I get down. Keep your head up and give your beautiful baby girl a hug and kiss for me. Any friend of Lynn's is a friend of mine. By the way, this is Lisa Lynn's sis-in-law (sister).
    Love, Lisa

    Your family is in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete