Friday, May 16, 2008

Funnies

You know, you have to be able to find the humor in ANYTHING. So, I'll be sure to share the humor with you all along the way, too.

Did you know that at the breast center at Missouri Baptist hospital, the lights that are on the walls outside the exam and waiting room doors look just like breasts?? Really! They have those little white round touch-lights you see advertised on TV, but they have big blue circles in the middle and look just like breasts. Jason asked about it yesterday, if it was a joke, and THEY HAD NEVER NOTICED!

Something I've learned: NEVER believe a doctor who says you are just coming in for a discussion. I went in for a "discussion" yesterday and left having had a double needle biopsy, which is the equivalent of having someone attack your chest with a staple gun while playing quiet music and asking you to hold still. Apparently "discussion" has another meaning that I need to learn.

More funnies later!

4 comments:

  1. i LOVE that you see the humor in boob lights. awesome. thanks also for setting up this blog. i'm sure it's the last thing on your mind right now, but i really appreciate it. love you, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m no expert but I think the ability to make that boob observation points to a positive prognosis as much as any lab test.

    Of course, your observation set me to thinking what art work I would display on my walls if I were a proctologist. A print of Ansel Adams “Moon over Half Dome” comes to mind.

    All the positive vibes I can muster are heading your way.

    Van

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, I laughed at these observations. First, I appreciate that Jason actually asked about the lights - now that staff will always see boob lights when they come to work. I think I also will be careful the next time a doctor says "discussion" to me - I will be looking for the needle. You made me laugh out loud and you are totally awesome. Love you! ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, Does that really surprise you about the boob lights? It is actually a common theme. In my travels as a paramedic I have been to many hospitals and clinics. You do not want to see the lighting designs at the Madison Prostate Cancer Clinic (the interior is designed like a tunnel)or the lighting at the Davenport Testicular Cancer Center (there is an odd pull cord to turn on your room lights)...;) Jeff

    ReplyDelete