Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Every day is a good day"

Yesterday was what we are calling Chemo Party #1. Though it was scary, I'm feeling ok. I had great company (Jason was there the whole time, and thanks for stopping by with the balloon, Rebecca!), snacks and nice staff working there, but still, it's a little scary. We were there about 6 hours (first time takes longer) and I came home and had dinner with everyone. I was just a slight bit tired. I slept well and got up feeling ok. I'm just taking all my anti-nausea meds, and so far they are doing their job. I've been eating small light meals all day and have been feeling really good. ("poo-poo-poo!" That's what the Jewish people in the room tell me to say for good luck every time I say I'm feeling good.)

When we were there yesterday, we met a man in the bed next to mine. He was there with his wife for his third round of battle with cancer. He had multiple tumors and had dropped about 70 pounds in the time he was sick. He was happy because THIS treatment was making the tumors stop growing. They weren't getting smaller, they just stopped growing. His wife said that he had been given 6 months to live TWICE and was still around. And this man looked at us with a huge smile on his face and said, "Every day is a good day!" THAT takes your breath away.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. A men, dude.

    I'm so glad to hear you're doing okay, sweetheart. I'll talk to you this weekend. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill....it's your cousin Julie. I just wanted you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Lately it seems like we've all been tested in a way that seems so unfair. You are a strong women who I know will get through this. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling good after round 1. Thank you for keeping us all up updated with everything going on. We are thinking about you. Love and miss you guys..... Julie and Jacob

    ReplyDelete